Tuesday 14 October 2014

Winter 2014 Palliative Care Conference




The annual winter conference of the North Simcoe Muskoka Hospice Palliative Care Network (NSMHPCN) is coming up on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at the Grandview Golf Club in Huntsville. The theme is “Consent, Capacity & Compassion Fatigue.”

I’ll be there as an exhibitor in my role as the owner of Brabary, but I’ll also be there as a participant. I always find the sessions incredibly informative and helpful, and the tools I learn there I can relate back to all areas of my life and business.

I first started attending back when I met someone who was involved in putting on the conference. Her mother was in town and needed a prosthesis, so they found their way to us at Brabary. She suggested we get involved with the conference, since so many health care professionals aren’t aware of the options for their patients – and other people in their lives who may need prostheses.

This upcoming event got me thinking about all the different resources that are out there for people who are going through a cancer journey, such as Gilda’s Club (emotional and social support), Canadian Cancer Society (rides to treatment and lots of information), or retail stores like ours that provide products and personalized fittings and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment